There were many memorable moments in television, music, and movies during the 1980s. These fun & hard 80s trivia questions and answers from the 1980s will make it enjoyable to recall your favourite moments from a memorable decade.
Moonwalking and purple rain were common during the period. New computers and video game consoles demonstrate the rapid advancement of technology. We will cover a variety of subjects in our 80s trivia questions and answers, including pop culture, technology, and history.
You can learn things about this era that you didn’t know. This 80s trivia is perfect for a gathering with an 80s theme. Enjoy this amazing collection of “no duh” 80s trivia questions and answers.
Fun 80s Trivia Questions and Answers
1. What movie made the most money in the 1980s?
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
2. In America, the first mobile phone system was made available in 1983. What was the weight of the phone?
3. What is the 1988 catchphrase that has become synonymous with Nike?
Just do it.
4. Who plays the title role in the Indiana Jones movies?
5. The main characters of what well-known 1980s movie are Doc Brown and Marty McFly?
Back to the Future
6. What brand of handheld video game player did Nintendo introduce in 1989?
a Game Boy
7. What year did Lady Diana and Prince Charles exchange vows?
8. What is the title of the comedy-drama from 1985 about some high school students who are in detention?
9. What is the name of the maze-themed arcade game released in 1980?
10. How many of the “Star Wars” films were released in the 1980s?
11. What is the name of Michael Jackson’s most popular album which was released in 1982?
12. During the 1980s, Margaret Thatcher served as the UK’s prime minister. What did she go by?
13. What well-known doll reached its height of appeal between 1983 and 1986?
Cabbage Patch kids
14. What brand introduced the first camcorder in 1983?
15. In what well-known Disney movie from 1989 did a princess with red hair appear?
Mermaid the Little
16. What is the title of the 1988 cult classic starring Alec Baldwin and Michael Keaton?
17. Who is the antagonist of the video game “Mario Kart” from 1985?
18. The first fatal mishap involving an American spacecraft in flight took place in 1986. What was the space shuttle’s name?
19. “A Light in the Attic,” published in 1981, is a collection of poetry written by who?
20. Which 80s horror film featured a child actor who didn’t know he was acting in a horror movie?
21. What year did Sony introduce the first commercial CD player?
22. Which American actress gained popularity in the 1980s for her work out videos?
23. What is the name of the Washington State volcano that erupted in 1980 and is regarded as the deadliest eruption in American history?
St. Helens Mount
24. Which 1981 video game was the first to tell a story while being played?
25. Sam Raimi helmed which cult classic horror movie, which was released in 1981?
The Evil Dead
26. Who plays the lead role in the 1984 movie “The Terminator”?
27. In what year did the Berlin Wall come down?
28. Which NFL team won the most Super Bowl championships in the 80s?
San Francisco 49ers
29. “Get to the chopper!” is this a famous line from a 1987 sci-fi film?
30. What candy does Elliot give to E.T.?
31. What fruit sweet with a balloon-themed wrapper debuted in 1985 and resembled taffy?
32. What synth-pop song by a Norwegian band reached the top spot in the United States?
Take On Me
33. What small, tart, and crispy treat was first featured in the 1971 movie “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” but wasn’t made commercially accessible until 1983?
34. Which virus was discovered in 1983 by French scientist Dr. Luc Montagnier?
35. In what film from 1985 do the characters Chunk, Mouth, Data, and Sloth appear?
36. From 1981 to 1989, a U.S. president served two terms in a row
37. Which American singer recorded and released “Love is a Battlefield” in 1983?
38. Arnold Schwarzenegger became one of the most recognizable stars in the 80s. What is the 1982 film that gave him his big break?
Conan the Barbarian
39. What is the name of the 8-year war that occurred in western Asia from 1980 to 1988?
40. What is the name of the 1984 sci-fi comedy that stars Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, and Harold Ramis?
Hard 80s Questions and Answers
1. In 1989, who is credited with creating the internet?
2. Which year do Marty and Doc wind up in after their time trip in Back to the Future (1985)?
3. Which legendary 80s singer’s concert included a falling star, which inspired Boy Meets Girl to write the 1988 smash song “Waiting for a Star to Fall”?
4. Who among these well-known athletes is not ranked among the top 10 NBA players of the 1980s?
5. Which 1982 Michael Jackson classic, immediately behind Eagles Greatest Hits 1971–1975, is still the second-best seller of all time?
6. What is the name of the princess that Bowser, the villain from various Mario video games, kidnaps?
7. Which of the following Star Wars films came out in the 1980s?
The Return of the Jedi
8. In a 1982 Steven Spielberg movie about an unfortunate alien who becomes stranded on Earth, which young actor became a major star?
9. When do the Raiders of the Lost Ark events in Indiana Jones take place?
10. What is the name of the eerie old hotel in The Shining by Stanley Kubrick?
11. Which Harrison Ford-starring cult favorite was the only one to come out before the 1980s?
12. What year did the Berlin Wall come down, signaling the Soviet Union’s demise in 1991?
13. Which comic action film from 1984 starred Eddie Murphy as a streetwise Detroit police officer?
Beverly Hills Cop
14. What was the name of the theme song from the 1983 romantic drama Flashdance?
What a Feeling
15. Which of the following popular kids games is the only one not to have been released in the 80s?
Sonic the Hedgehog
1980’s Fashion Trivia Questions and Answers
You’d probably agree that some 1980s fashion trends are best left in the past. Unbelievably, some of them have recently seen a resurgence in interest. With our top fashion trivia from the 1980s questions and answers, you can test your knowledge.
1. Which item was made popular by the renowned Top Gun movie from the 1980s?
Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses
2. What clothing line marketed itself with the tagline “when you put it on, something happens”?
3. Which article of clothing did the film Flashdance popularize?
4. Which clothing line saw a significant increase in popularity as a result of acts like Run DMC?
5. Which piece of clothing gained notoriety because of the rapper MC Hammer?
6. What 1980s fashion trend did Don Johnson from Miami Vice popularize?
Wearing white suits with pastel shirts and loafers with no socks
7. What was necessary for “power dressing”?
8. In the 1980s, what kind of shoe would you have seen on every corner of the city?
9. What brand are the recognizable heavy gold chains that musicians like Run DMC and Biz Markie were wearing?
10. Which fashion item was popularized by the movie Risky Business?
Ray Ban Wayfarer sunglasses
11. In 1987, which French fashion designer debuted a line that epitomized 1980s haute couture?
12. What kind of clothing did people buy as a result of the 1982 movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High?
Red string bikinis
13. What color did Nancy Reagan choose as her signature?
14. In the 1980s, what sportswear brand created the first pair of athletic shoes specifically for women?
15. What was the name of the 1980s’ hottest hair accessory?
16. Which footwear brand experienced enormous success in the 1980s following the rise of punk rock?
Boots by Doc Marten
17. In the 1980s, what type of denim wash was a common sight?
18. What was the name of the 1980s-era denim company whose logo was an upside-down white triangle?
19. Which fashion accessory became a must-have in 1985 thanks to LL Cool J?
The Kangol bucket hat
20. Which famous haircut from the 1980s had the slogan “Business in the front, party at the back”?
21. Which shoe company’s appearance in the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High made them the must-have footwear?
22. Which shorts manufacturer in the 1980s promoted the values of “color, freedom, difference, humor, and love”?
23. Which dress designer gained enormous popularity as a result of the television series Little House on the Prairie?
24. What was the name of the hip, teen-targeted clothing line launched by North Face in the 1980s?
25. What fashion statement was pioneered by Paula Abdul, Janet Jackson, and Demi Moore in the 1980’s?
Do you have any nostalgia? We hope you enjoyed our quiz and answered all the 80s trivia questions correctly! To test who actually knows their 80s trivia, share it with your family and friends if you’re feeling confident.
- 90+ Fun And Hard 90s trivia Questions and Answers | 2022
- 100+ Video Game Trivia Questions and Answers | 2022
- 75+ Thought-Provoking Trivia Questions For Couples | 2022
- 100+ NBA Trivia Questions And Answers | 2022
- 30 Fun And Engaging Circle Games For Kids And Adults in 2022