The 1990s were a decade full of firsts, well-known people, and many other things. We’ll test your and your friend’s knowledge of the 1990s with our 90s Trivia questions and answers. We have lists that cover films, music, TV shows, cartoons, and popular culture from the 1990s.
Afterwards, we put you to the test with a section of 90s trivia questions and answers. Here, we’ve separated the questions from the answers so you can see how much you know about this great era. So put your thinking caps on, unwind, and consider where you were and what you were doing in the 1990s.
90s Movie Trivia Questions and Answers
1. What movie, and whose character, said, “Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?”?
Detective James Carter (Chris Tucker) in Rush Hour
2. What movie and character uttered the phrase “I see dead people”?
Cole Sear (Haley Joel Osment) in The Sixth Sense
3. ‘I’m the king of the world,’ who said? And what movie?
Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio) in Titanic
4. Who said, “Keep the change, ya filthy animal!” and in what movie?
Johnny (Ralph Foody) in Home Alone
5. “Molly, you in danger, girl,” said the actress portraying what role. What movie was it mentioned in, too?
Oda Mae Brown (Whoopi Goldberg) in Ghost
6. The phrase “There’s no crying in baseball” was uttered by which actor in which film.
Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks) in A League of Their Own
7. What’s in the box was uttered by whom? And which film?
Detective David Mills (Brad Pitt) in Se7en
8. “You can’t handle the truth,” the veteran actor said. And what movie?
Colonel Nathan R. Jessup (Jack Nicholson) in A Few Good Men
9. What movie made the most money in the 1990s?
10. What animated movie from the 1990s was Disney’s first DVD release?
11. Which 1990 film featured Looney Tunes music on the soundtrack?
12. Which 1990 film is best known for the songs “My Guy (My God)” and “I Will Follow Him”?
13. Which war movie from the 1990s is renowned for its 23-minute-long graphic second scene?
Saving Private Ryan
14. Which film featured Leonardo DiCaprio as the pilot, physician, and public defender Frank Abignale?
Catch me if you can
15. What movie from the 1990s featured a soundtrack that went on to become its all-time best-seller?
90s Music Trivia Questions and Answers
Rock, Grunge, Punk, Ska, Nu-metal, and Alternative were among the musical genres popular in the 1990s. Rap also became popular in the 1990s. In our list of 90s Music Trivia, we have single-hit wonders, award winners, groups, and artists. Today, many bands and songs are regarded as some of the best. Test your memory, then pose a challenge to your family and friends.
1. Who sings lead for the rock group Smashing Pumpkins?
2. What is the name of the rock group that Will Champion, Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, and Chris Martin were a part of in 1997?
3. Whose album “Give It Away” was released in 1991?
Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. The line “She came from Greece, she had a thirst for knowledge” appears in which Pulp song?
5. What Peter Andre song from the 1990s contains the line, “I try to concentrate, but my mind wants to explore, I stop and stare at you, walking on the shore”?
6. Whose image can be seen in the “Rush, Rush” music video by Paula Abdul?
7. What was MC Hammer’s most famous song during the 1990s?
“U Can’t Touch This”
8. Whose last dance with Tom Petty was “Mary Jane’s Last Dance”?
9. What Katrina and the Waves song did the UK perform to win the 1997 Eurovision Song Contest?
“Love Shine a Light”
10. The line “Solitary brother, what Seal song is this?” Is there any part of you that still desires to live?
11. What was the first UK number-one single for the English rock band Blur?
12. In the 1990s, Nirvana had the most popular song. What did you call it?
“Smells Like Teen Spirit”
13. What was the title of Shaggy’s #1 song from 1993?
14. What Michael Jackson song from 1995 was the top song in both the UK and the US?
“You Are Not Alone”
15. Whose “Streets of Philadelphia” won the 1994 Academy Award for Best Original Song?
16. What Toni Braxton song from 1996 contains the line, “I cried so many nights”?
“Un-Break My Heart”
17. Which two brothers from the New Kids on the Block?
Jonathan Knight and Jordan
18. In 1990, which American woman released the album The Immaculate Collection?
19. In 1996, what boy band released the song “A Different Beat”?
20. “Hero” was released by a female recording artist in 1993.
21. Who sang “Iron Lion Zion” for the first time in Jamaica in 1992?
22. In 1991, a male vocalist with the album title Diamonds And Pearls released to great success.
90s TV Show Trivia Questions and Answers
Some fantastic television shows debuted in the 1990s, while others came to an end. Programs that fall into both categories and some perennial TV favourites that lasted throughout the decade and beyond are included in our list of 90’s TV Show Trivia.
1. The Family Guy What had its premiere in 1999, and where did it take place?
2. What American drama addressed 9/11 first?
The West Wing
3. What is the family’s last name from The Cosby Show?
4. What TV show’s theme song was “Second Time Around”?
Step by Step
5. Which metropolis did the Simpson family reside in?
6. What actress from Sex and the City never appeared nude?
Jessica Parker Sarah
7. What caused George Costanza’s fiancé’s death in Seinfeld?
Licking envelopes with toxic glue
8. Where was the setting for Cheers?
A bar in Boston
9. Which Big Bang Theory character has selective mutism?
10. What is the name of the coffee shop where the Friends cast members frequent?
11. Who was Laura Palmer’s murderer in Twin Peaks?
Her father is Leland Palmer.
12. What Beavis and Butthead character had her own show?
13. What TV program did Claire Danes start out on?
My So-Called Life
14. In Saved By The Bell, what was the name of the beach club where the group of friends worked?
Malibu Sands Beach Resort
15. Who is Mulder and Scully’s supervisor on The X-Files?
16. On Boy Meets World, what was the name of the crazy older brother?
17. What was the title of the fictional San Francisco publication that Brooke Shields’ Brooke Shields played as the lead character in Suddenly Susan?
18. Which two airlines operated out of the Tom Nevers Field airport in the Wings television series?
AeroMass and Sandpiper Air
19. What foreign nation did Mimi send Drew to on The Drew Carey Show?
20. What 1980s TV program had a 1990s spinoff called Frasier?
21. What was the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air butler’s name?
22. Exactly what is the name of the Maximal Ship in Beast Wars: Transformers?
90s Pop Culture Trivia Questions and Answers
Many cultural phenomena that emerged in the 1990s have persisted in our lives. We have included quizzes on everything that was noteworthy during this exciting decade, including fashion, sports, video games, songs, and movies.
1. Whose ear did Mike Tyson bite off during a boxing match?
2. What two iterations of the Pokémon video game franchise were released on Game Boy when the American video game craze first began in 1998?
Blue and Red
3. What event did Michael Jackson kiss his wife, Lisa Marie Presley, on stage at?
The MTV VMAs of 1994
4. Which boy band was founded in 1993 by Howie Dorough, A. J. McLean, Nick Carter, Brian Littrell, and Kevin Richardson?
5. Personality of Winona Ryder In Reality Bites, Lelaina declares she won’t work for what chain of stores?
6. In 1997, who became the nation’s first woman to hold the position of secretary of state?
7. What gaming system saw the release of GoldenEye 007, which is frequently cited as one of the top games of its generation?
8. What American city hosted the Summer Olympics in 1996?
9. What nation is the band Ace of Base from?
10. What type of dancing trend did the Canadian music group Los Del Mar popularize in the 1990s?
11. Who plays Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace?
A Casio watch popular with girls in the 90’s
12. Describe a Baby-G.
A 1990s Casio wristwatch that was popular among girls
13. What was singer Courtney Love’s real name?
Courtney Jennifer Harrison
14. What tiny plush toys did Ty Inc. sell that were quite popular in the 1990s?
15. Before eating, what snack did 90s customers place on the tips of their fingers?
16. What song was Aaliyah’s debut single, which was released in 1994?
“Back and Forth”
17. What flavour was the Coca-Cola Company’s soft drink Surge, which it created to compete with Pepsi’s Mountain Dew?
18. Who served as the judge in the O.J. Simpson murder case?
19. What was the name of the Pentagon employee who secretly taped phone calls with Monica Lewinsky during which she discussed her relationship with Bill Clinton?
20. In 1996, what was the name of the sheep that was repeatedly cloned?
21. What was the name of the FBI’s alleged “Unabomber”?
Theodore John Kaczynski
So there you have it—the complete list of Trivia from the 1990s that can be found anywhere. We believe you will enjoy sharing this list with your loved ones, friends, and coworkers if you grew up in the 1990s or are just a fan of the decade’s culture. Ask away and enjoy yourself!